Workplace lets you create a Workplace account that is separate from your personal Facebook account. With a Workplace account, you can use Facebook tools to interact with coworkers.
Workplace Standard and Workplace Premium are types of Workplace communities. Differences between the communities include:
- Product Features: Workplace Standard has all the features you can expect from Workplace such as News Feed, groups, chat and live video. In addition to these features, Workplace Premium has administrative features including analytics, a Company Dashboard and integration with identity providers.
- Content Moderation: For Workplace Standard, Facebook's Community Standards apply. For Workplace Premium, content is reviewed by your community admins.
- Account Creation and Account Deletion: On Workplace Standard, you're responsible for creating and deleting your own account. On Workplace Premium, community admins can provision and delete accounts directly.
- Data Ownership: For Workplace Standard, Facebook is the data controller, but employees own the content they post and share, and Facebook's Community Standards apply. For Workplace Premium, there's a community admin that manages the community and the company owns and controls the data. The community admin can modify, delete or export your data at any time.
- Post Visibility: In Workplace Standard communities, the content you post is visible only to you, people in the groups you post in or people outside of the groups you post in, if the group is an open group. In Workplace Premium communities, in addition to the above, community admins can also see any data that you post, even in secret groups.
Your Workplace account is a place for you to connect and collaborate with your coworkers, join groups related to your team or projects, and get company news and updates. Your personal account is for connecting with friends and family, and sharing moments from your life.
Your Workplace account is only visible to people at your company and is separate from your personal account. What you share to your Workplace account can only be seen by people in your company, and what you share to your personal account can only be seen based on your privacy settings.
Note: Your employer can not access your personal Facebook account if you're using Workplace, since the accounts are separate.
If you'd like to set up Workplace Standard account for your company, you can sign up on our website.Note: Workplace Standard and Workplace Premium are different types of Workplace communities. If you'd like to set up a Workplace Premium account for your company, you can also sign up via our website.
If you'd like to set up Workplace Premium for your company, you can sign up on our website.
If your company is already using Workplace Premium, you can set up your account by clicking the link in the email you've received or by visiting [YourCompanyName].facebook.com (example: company.facebook.com) from your computer.
Once you've set up your account, you can download the iPhone or Android app to access your it from your devices.
To invite a coworker when you're setting up your Workplace Premium account, type their work email address under Invite Coworkers on your computer, then click Invite.
To invite multiple coworkers you can enter their work email addresses and click Invite, or click Import to upload a contact list.
Note: You can only invite people to join Workplace Premium if they're employees of the same company.